Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lazy Days

Today was quite a lazy day. We didn't wake up until 9 am. 9 am! This is unheard of in our house. Usually Patrick has to open on the weekends. This means I wake up with his alarm. Then I wake up again when his alarm goes off again. I normally cannot go back to bed after that. If I do, it's spread out in the middle of the bed. The whole bed to myself. No Patrick, no Isabel, no Marley. Glorious!

If he doesn't have to open, or he's off for the day then I wake up with Isabel when she wakes up as soon as the sun comes up. It usually never fails. That or Marley sits on my face. I guess she knows I'll get up when she does that. Then she'll meow continuously until I feed her.

Maybe it had something to do with the full moon last week. Who knows.. But I will take what I can get. Seriously... 9 am!

There really were no plans for today. The only thing that I really wanted to do was lay out by the pool at some point to work on my horrible tan lines. I now have less than 10 weeks to get rid of them and I currently can't afford a spray tan (plus I'm a little worried I'll have a horrible reaction or something will go wrong that I can't get fixed before the wedding).

We got up and had breakfast (thank you Patrick and your amazing cooking skills).

Patrick then went and hit a bucket of balls.

When he got back we went out and met my mom for lunch.

Blouse- Kohl's
Leggings- Kohl's
Shoes- Target
(I have been photo bombed again, this time by Patrick)

I went to Michael's and bought some yarn to make scarfs (a new craft project that I've started and probably won't finish).

As soon as we came home we got our bathing suits on and went to the pool. It was perfect. The water felt amazing and there was no one else there, just the way I like it.

Patrick then cooked dinner (tempura shrimp, fried rice with egg and bacon and garlic bread... I love this man.)

I did a few loads of laundry.

Then I baked Raspberry Creme Brulee Bars. They weren't half bad.

The Ingredients

The Recipe

The finished product.

Side view.

Then I worked on a scarf until it was time to pick up for the day.

Working on a scarf.

Smile for the camera!

Probably not going to be done when I need it done by, but I'm going to do my best.

It may have not been the most productive day, but it was just what I needed before going back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment