Sunday, August 26, 2012

30 Day Shred Challenge- Day 18

I have a problem.

I am beginning to feel some pain in my right knee.

I have a half marathon to run next Sunday.

I don't want to push myself and risk injuring it even more and yet I'm on day 18 and I don't want to quit when I'm this close to finally reaching a goal.

So I'm compromising. I'm going to be following the modified versions of all exercises until after the half marathon. I feel comfortable doing this because I'm still doing the workout (and it's still a pretty intense workout) but I feel like it will be easier on my knee. Ideal? No. Manageable? Yes.

I am not going to let this get into my head as a fail. I am going to consider this a success whether I'm following the advanced exercises or the modified exercises. 30 days straight. I never once said I had to go so hard that I injure myself. I have to be smart about this. I am first and foremost a runner.

If I push myself too hard then I am risking being out of the challenge and out of running because I didn't listen to my body. That is the worst mistake I can make.

I think at this point I'm trying to convince myself more than anyone else that it still counts... It may not be as many calories burned, but that's okay. Right?

Why am I my own worst critic?

No comments:

Post a Comment