Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Goals

1. Run/walk 100 miles. Make a plan in order to get in all 100 miles.
Success! This is the first month since March that I reached my goal of 100 miles in a month. I am so excited! I didn't really make a plan, just calculated how many miles I would need to get in a day in order to reach my goal.

2. Go grocery shopping once a week instead of once a month.
Success! I did the grocery shopping every weekend, except for the weekend we were in Mammoth. I plan on continuing this as it made it a lot easier and less expensive than shopping once or twice a month.

3. Finish unpacking the new apartment.
I'm going to call this a success. There are a few things that aren't finished (the fish tank and my running memorabilia to name a few) but there are no boxes left and the place looks complete.

4. Start Christmas shopping (yes, I am one of those crazy people who start Christmas in July. I find that it saves me money.)
Technically this is a success. I've only purchased one thing so far, but Patrick and I have made a plan for gifts for our parents and siblings.

5. Be on plan from today on (7/2).
Fail. I don't know why I can't seem to stick to a plan. As of 7/28 I have been tracking what I'm eating in a notebook, but not tracking calories or points. I'm not sure if this will help at all, but I felt myself becoming obsessed with calories. I'm going to work on being in tune with my body and see if that works at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment