Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Review and 2013 Goals



Happy New Year!

The past year has been a little bit of everything. From some of the highest highs (getting married and finishing my first full marathon) to some of the lowest lows (losing a friend unexpectedly).

In 2012 I completed 1 full marathon, 5 half marathons, 1 10K, 1 Mud Run and 1 5K. I'm sure 2013 will be filled with more miles, however I will probably not participate in as many organized races due to my attempt to get out of debt.

Here is my 2012, in photos:



























 








































 
























 






 















































































 
























































































In true New Year's tradition I like to make goals for things I'd like to accomplish throughout the year. I normally go for the lose weight/exercise more goals. New Year = New Start, right?

This year I do plan to get serious about losing weight, getting healthy and being happy in the body I have, but I am not going to put those on my goals for the year.

The following are ten things I'd like to accomplish this year. Most are from my bucket list.

1. Read two books a month.
2. Run and/or walk 1250 miles.
3. Get out of debt.
4. Take a picture every day for a year.
5. Complete a cross stitch.
6. Write in a journal every day for a year. (This will be done on here, so stay tuned starting January 1st!)
7. Take a cake decorating class. (I've already signed up for the class. It's four weeks long, one day a week starting February 5th!)
8. Organize photos into albums.
9. Complete a marathon in under 6 hours. (Hoping to do this at the LA Marathon in March!)
10. Ask for a raise and prove that I deserve it. (Our reviews just went in and I added my request to discuss a raise on the comment section, fingers crossed!)

Here's to a positive and productive year... 2013's going to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment