Friday, January 25, 2013

30 Day Push Day 19 & Happier at Home Day 12

30 Day Push Challenge
Day 19: I must admit I'm not as involved in this as I was in the beginning. I still watch the video, but I'm growing less interested as my Push Goal is one that is going to take a while and there's not much I can do in between other than not use my credit cards and paying toward them once a month when the bills come in...

To-Do: Circle items that need to be done this week (blue), star items that need to be done today (need to, not want to) (green), all other items need to be done "soon" (black).

1. Clean car
2. Vacuum car
3. Pick up bedroom
4. Pick up living room
5. Clean off kitchen table
6. Clean bathrooms
7. Crochet scarves
8. Fold laundry
9. Clean out closet
10. Clean out Isabel's art drawer
11. Clean out nightstand
12. Clean off catch all
13. Set out clothes for tomorrow's run


Happier at Home
Day 12: Don't keep score.

"I have a real tendency to say, “I did this, so you have to do that” or “You had your turn, so I get my turn.” I remind myself, “No calculation,” when I find myself starting to start to bargain or trade or keep score. 

"It’s much more pleasant to feel grateful for a nice gesture, or to act out of love and generosity, than to squabble about the score.

"Now, it’s true that every relationship involves some calculation. It wouldn’t be fair for one person to do everything, and the other person to do nothing. But if you’re in a relationship where things tend to balance out fairly, the atmosphere is much happier when you don’t keep score, when you don’t calculate, but just try to do the loving thing."

I believe Patrick and I do pretty well at this. We do keep score in regards to you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Literally. But I feel like I'd rather keep score this way than in other negative ways.

It is something we can work on and just appreciate the things the other person is doing. I'm sure once we have a chore list or a verbal agreement on different things we're each responsible for around the house it will help to feel more balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment