Wednesday, January 23, 2013

30 Day Push Day 17 & Happier at Home Day 10

30 Day Push Challenge
Day 17:

To-Do: Circle items that need to be done this week (blue), star items that need to be done today (need to, not want to) (green), all other items need to be done "soon" (black).

1. Clean car
2. Vacuum car
3. Pick up bedroom
4. Pick up living room
5. Clean off kitchen table
6. Clean bathrooms
7. Crochet scarves
8. Fold laundry
9. Clean out closet
10. Clean out Isabel's art drawer
11. New business- work
12. Renewals- work
13. Requested info- work
14. UA workup- work
15. Clean out nightstand
16. Clean off catch all

Happier at Home
Day 10: Follow a threshold ritual.

"Gratitude is a key to a happy life. Nevertheless, it's challenging to cultivate gratitude. It's easy to take for granted the people closest to us."

I would say this is the thing I am guilty of the most. I am awful when it comes to taking people for granted, especially Patrick. I think the thing I do is push him away for fear of being hurt by the person I love the most. I feel like if I hurt him first then it won't hurt as bad if he were to eventually hurt me. Such a messed up way of thinking.

In this sense it's easy for me to get upset and frustrated with both him and Isabel. I tend to take out my stress of the day on them when I get home. It's something I'm working on. I know that at the end of the day they are still going to be there for me which is even worse for the way I treat them.

I wish I could be better towards them, treat them the way the deserve to be treated. I wish I could go home from a full day at work and have the energy to be mentally there for both of them. I want to be the type of mom that gets down on the floor and plays, but just the thought is exhausting. I need to work on these things and I think the more I figure out myself and the more I can make myself happy then the more time and energy I'll be able to find for them.

Until then I'm going to be spending a few minutes each night before bed, each morning when I wake up and random times throughout the day to consciously think about the things I'm grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment