Monday, January 7, 2013

Dear Journal, 1/7/13

Dear Journal,
Q: You are lucky; how so or not so?

I am seriously lucky in so many ways. I have amazing, supportive parents. I have an awesome sister who gives the best advice. I have a husband that I am head over heels in love with. I have three beautiful children that I would do anything for. I have a handful of friends that are my soul mates- people who I would do anything for. I have a job that pays the bills and then a little more, a job that I enjoy doing. I have a roof over my head. I have food in the refrigerator and we can feed our children and ourselves. I have a car that is some what new and runs very well. I have hobbies that I enjoy doing and that I can afford. I have an education that I appreciate, even if I take it for granted. I have a cat that wakes me up when I press snooze too many times.

I think we spend a lot of time thinking about the things we do not have. There are many things that I wish I had. A bigger place to live, a brand new (bigger) car, a backyard so we could get a dog, a job that I absolutely love (not just enjoy), more money, etc. I really think it's important to spend more time thinking about the things you do have than about the things you don't.

I'm trying to focus more on the positives in my life and less on the things I cannot change, which are usually the things I complain about. So far it's helping me to appreciate the things I do have, even if it's a difficult habit to break.

Picture of the day 1/7:



Daily Review 1/7:
Calorie Goal- 1500 plus activity

Breakfast-
coffee, creamer, splenda (64 calories)
oatmeal (140 calories)
6 oz greek yogurt- strawberry (140 calories)
large banana (121 calories)

Workout-
1.45 mile walk- 23 minutes (202 calories)

Snack-
dried veggie chips (390 calories)

Lunch-
2 cups taco soup (562 calories)

Dinner-
fire island- brown rice, chicken, pineapple teriyaki sauce (519 calories)

Total burned- 202 calories
Total eaten- 1936 calories
Left over- -234 calories

Glasses of water: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment