Wednesday, January 16, 2013

30 Day Push Day 10 & Happier at Home Day 3

30 Day Push Challenge
Day 10: What is your trigger to check your to-do list every day?

My to-do list is in a notebook in my purse, so every time I go in my purse I see the notebook and think to check my to-do list.

Ten Goals for the Year:
1. Get out of debt
2. Build up savings
3. Finish a marathon in under 6 hours
4. Take a cake decorating class
5. Sell scarves
6. Lose weight and keep it off
7. Get organized
8. Get a raise or promotion
9. Read 24+ books
10. Run/walk 1250 miles

To-Do: Circle items that need to be done this week (blue), star items that need to be done today (need to, not want to) (green), all other items need to be done "soon" (black).

1. Check mint.com- update if needed
2. Finish renewals
3. UA workups
4. Give mom jacket and pants
5. Sign dad's birthday card
6. Sign dad's retirement card
7. Make workout schedule
8. Make chore chart for Isabel
9. Go to Valley Produce Market
10. Clean bedroom
11. Clean bathrooms
12. Vacuum
13. Laundry
14. Vacuum car
15. Crochet scarves
16. Go through papers on kitchen counter
17. Read happier at home- day 3
18. Move dresser and organize coloring books/workbooks

Happier at Home
Day 3: Make the positive argument.

"In general, people are very skillful at arguing a particular case. When a person takes a position, he or she looks for evidence to support it and then stops, satisfied. This mental process gives the illusion that a position is objective and well justified. However- and this is the useful point- a person can often make the very opposite argument, just as easily."

I completely agree with this. Instead of thinking a negative statement, turn it into a positive. There are examples for both the positive and the negative, but isn't it better to think of the positive? Patrick is constantly saying he's not romantic (or not romantic enough). This is a negative statement. In all honesty, he's not the most romantic man in the world, but he is romantic. In my opinion, I believe he thinks to be romantic he has to do something over the top, like roses and candles and all that. To me, romantic is when he kisses me for no reason, or when he writes "143" on my car window, or my favorite- turning the channel to American Dad every night at 10pm. It doesn't take much for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment