Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dear Journal, 1/3/13

Dear Journal,
Q: What are you reading right now?
A: I am reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I'm completely obsessed with reading it every night. I am learning so much about myself simply by reading a book about some one else. It's amazing how much I've learned from it already.

Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of her life that she would like to improve in order to be happy. So far I've read the chapters about boosting energy, remembering love, aiming higher at work, lightening up as a parent and being serious about play.

The author provides a guideline at the end of the book so that people can create their own happiness project since everyone's priorities are different. As of right now I'm taking what speaks to me the most from each chapter and attempting to incorporate into my life. I've already cleaned out both Patrick's and my closet as well as Isabel's, getting rid of clothes that don't fit or clothes that we don't need. We plan on donating what we get rid of.

Patrick and I have also discussed a couple of the ideas the author provided in the section about love. I'm trying to be more positive and productive at work. I'm hoping to be a better parent to Isabel by not being so serious all the time. I also am trying to allow myself to have my own time without feeling guilty about it.

It's always nice to enjoy the book you're reading. It makes the reading fun, however I find that the book is usually over way too soon.

Picture of the day 1/3:


Daily Review 1/3:
Calorie Goal- 1500 plus activity

Breakfast-
coffee, sugar free peppermint mocha creamer, 3 splenda (64 calories)
special k flatbread breakfast sandwich (200 calories)

Workout-
1.45 mile walk- 23 minutes (202 calories)

Snack-
2 clementines (80 calories)

Workout-
2.22 mile walk- 35 minutes (305 calories)

Lunch-
progresso soup- chicken pot pie (280 calories)
applesauce singles (50 calories)

Snack-
jello- pomegranate cherry (10 calories)

Dinner-
chili's bar and grill- onion string & crispy jalapeno stack (525 calories)
chili's bar and grill- margarita grilled chicken- w/rice and beans (295 calories)

Dessert-
6 peppermint hershey kisses (147 calories)
8 oz champagne (176 calories) (yes, I made Patrick measure out exactly 8 oz... Sweet patient man of mine.)

Total burned- 507
Total eaten- 1827
Left over- 180

Glasses of water: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment