Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mother/Daughter Date Day

I've been feeling like I can't juggle everything for a while now. If I'm focused at work then I'm usually dropping the ball at home and when I'm focused at home I'm usually stressed out at work. If I feel the need to have a date with my husband then I'm usually feeling guilty about leaving Isabel with my parents. If I am trying to focus on me then I'm feeling guilty about neglecting everything else.

Is there a manual for this? For being a parent and a new wife and an employee and how to keep an apartment organized and cleaned and how the laundry never gets done and how there's never just a moment left in the day to breathe?

I get so envious of the people who have it figured out. There should be a course in this...

So this is my plan. Patrick and I get at least one date night a month. Doesn't matter what we do, but it has to be child free. And in the same sense Isabel and I get at least one date day a month, but in this case other people are welcome to join us if it's okay with Isabel.

Today was our scheduled date day. I didn't really have anything big planned. No Chuck E Cheese or anything crazy. My idea was to go across the street from our apartment building to the $5 and under used book store and then to the 99 cent store to buy some bread. After we planned to go to the park near our apartment and feed the ducks. My mom and niece came with us and it was such a fun day. I really don't know why we haven't done this before, but it may become a weekly ritual to buy a loaf or two of bread and go feed the ducks. So inexpensive and yet so much fun and very relaxing!

Where else can you find 6 books in good condition for $12?!?
Isabel feeling the ducks.

Ducks and Geese.
















I definitely intend to keep doing fun dates like this with Isabel. She's very easy to please and it's nice to get out of the apartment for a little while. Sometimes you need to break up the chores with some fun and laughter, and believe me, being surrounded by ducks and geese sure makes you laugh and realize that life is pretty awesome. 





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day...I can't wait until I can have days like this with my little girl. :-) and what a great plan... the hubby and I definitely need some date nights... guess I need to start planning too!

    ReplyDelete