Sunday, January 27, 2013

26 Angel Run- Recap

I found out about the 26 Angel Run on January 9th. It didn't give me much time to prepare or to fund raise, but it was something that I knew I had to do.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it the full 26 miles, but I had to try.

I ended up raising more than I had planned. And I ended up making it the whole way. It was something that meant something to me to do. To get a picture of every angel.

After posting the pictures to facebook I received a message from a friend about the angel at mile 21:
"I shared this photo with my cousin. She is very close to the parents of Emilie. Her daughter and Emilie went to school together mere months before the Parker's moved to Connecticut. Thanks for sharing, this photo has been passed along to Emilie's parents graciously."

I didn't do this run to be praised. I didn't do it other than for the fact that we wanted to be a light of hope, of good in people. This message meant something to me. Made me feel like what we did had a purpose. It's not enough to make up for what they lost. Nothing will ever be enough. But it's hopefully something.



 


 



 
 




 


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment