Sunday, December 16, 2012

WEverb12- Day 16

16: replicate [CREATE]

What were you inspired to create/make this year based on something else? (i.e. a pin from pinterest, recipe from a friend, etc.)

I was inspired to make tie dye cupcakes from an article in a magazine. I was also inspired to make scarves from pinterest. I had purchased a bunch of yarn a while ago to make scarves, however I wanted a different pattern. I ended up on pinterest to find an easy pattern for crocheting scarves and found this website.

I am now considering finding a way to sell them. I have been making multiple scarves lately. I made myself one as well as my mom, my mother-in-law, step daughter, niece and one for our family Christmas party. Then, at our garage sale last weekend I was working on making strands and a family friend stopped by and asked what I was doing. When I told her and showed her my mom's scarf she said she wanted one. She picked out her colors and I put it together. Thankfully I already had the supplies with the colors she wanted and I was able to get it to her in less than 5 minutes.

It was a really exciting moment for me, selling my first scarf. Hopefully I can figure out a way to sell more soon...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment