So, I just realized that I've missed this since November. Oops...
1. I am thankful that it is almost Christmas. My Christmas spirit has been slowly growing and I'm really looking forward to watching the kids open their presents. Although we weren't able to get them a lot this year I hope they (mostly the big ones) are able to realize that we love them and that we wanted to do more.
2. I am thankful that I am in the mindset to get out of debt in 2013. Before I was just paying a little over the minimum payment due and then still using the card for useless stuff that I didn't need, just wanted. It's so nice watching the debt go down and not adding extra purchases on. And, to be honest, I don't miss it. Yes, it would be nice to build up my closet, but for now at least I can say that I'm doing something better for me. One day I'll be able to go out and buy a new top or a new pair of shoes and not feel guilty about it a day or two later.
3. I am thankful that Rachel and I are going to continue running. Due to a new project she has going on at work, she is no longer running with the Galloway group on the weekends. In order to keep both of us going (especially since we race together) I have decided that I also will no longer be running with the group. I have enjoyed these past 16 months and will always be grateful to the group for teaching me that it's okay to walk during a race and to help me discover my love for running. I know that Rachel and I are serious about training together and we're excited to see where we go from here.
4. I am thankful that our busy period at work is almost over. January 1st is our busiest effective date and we've been receiving submissions for just that one date since October 1st. Between Lorien and myself we have processed a total of 997 new business submissions (this does not include all of the other effective dates between that time). She is amazing and we are a really good team. Last year we received a total of 706 submissions, so we are growing tremendously. I'm proud of us for not asking for help because we were able to handle this growth in business and proved to ourselves that we basically rock. We still have 11 days to receive more, so I'm looking forward to having the bragging rights of saying we grew by over 300 more submissions than last year.
5. I am thankful that I have a husband that loves me as much as I love him. Since the wedding and honeymoon things have been pretty much the same as they were before we got married. We're not really the lovey dovey touchy feely couple and I'm pretty sure no one in Lake Tahoe knew we were on our honeymoon unless we told them... This is just the way we are, but at the same time it's a little sad for me to not feel that newly wed excitement. We should still be in that phase. Other than our honeymoon I honestly couldn't tell you the last time Patrick and I went out on a date. I know it's different because we have kids, but at the same time we do need to give more attention to our relationship and put some effort into making time for us. I voiced my opinion about this and Patrick was 100% open to making the time.