Monday, December 3, 2012

WEverb12- Day 1

1: compose [CREATE]

Write a haiku for 2012 (bonus: write one for 2013)
 
I googled the meaning of a haiku. I knew that a haiku is written in three lines, the first being five syllables, the second seven and the third five. However, not being a poet I had a difficult time understanding what I was supposed to be writing about. So then I let go and just wrote 5 syllables, seven syllables and five syllables. I guess it doesn't have to be so perfect since it's not going to be published anywhere but here. And it doesn't have to be exactly what a haiku is meant to be like because I don't have to turn it on for approval. This is for me. So here you go. A haiku for 2012 and a bonus haiku for 2013.
 
Hummingbirds fly free
Lovingly spreading her wings
Watching over us
 
Bonus:
Running down the road
Listening to my own thoughts
Breath and steps in sync
 

No comments:

Post a Comment