Monday, December 24, 2012

Monday's Running Outfit- 12/24/12

I can't tell you the last time I've been on a real run. After getting sick I attempted a 30 minute run that was miserable. I walked the first mile and did 45:1 intervals the second. Between the difficulty of breathing from being sick and the extra 15-20 pounds that I've gained it was not a pleasant experience.

Rachel and I have a half marathon in two weeks. It's already going to be a different experience as it's our first night run, but it's also going to be the first half marathon I've run that I haven't properly trained for. Not gonna lie, I'm really nervous about it.

My head and my heart have not been into much of anything lately and I would love to just shake myself out of this funk. But unfortunately that's not how it works, so I wait patiently for my motivation to find it's way back. For now I will go on our scheduled 4 mile run and hope for the best...

I'm really hoping that by planning the start of my training and for eating well to begin on January 1st it will give my head enough time to catch up and I will be able to be successful at it. I need a success story right now and I know that if I want to PR at the LA Marathon in March then something needs to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment