Monday, December 17, 2012

WEverb12- Day 17

17: thank [HOPE]

Write that thank you note that you've been meaning to send this year... or would like to send next year...

Dear Rachel,

I want to take a moment to thank you for everything this past year. For the obvious, helping me discover my passion for running as well as helping me complete something that I never even thought of doing. I'm so grateful that you allowed me to join you in your training and accomplish all of these races with you.

I also want to thank you for spending time with me on the weekends. I know there were many times that one or both of us would have preferred to sleep in instead of running however I wouldn't trade any of those hours together. I really think that our relationship changed this past year. We are no longer just sisters, we are also friends.

I remember in high school I always wanted to be cool like you. I wanted to be accepted by you, but I was just your dorky younger sister. Now I don't feel like that. I now feel like we have a special bond that brings us closer together and I'm so proud of both of us and everything we've been able to do together.

Until our next race..

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment