Tuesday, December 11, 2012

WEverb12- Day 11

11: spend/save [LIVE]

Are you richer or poorer this year, compared to last year?

I'm definitely richer this year, in more ways than one. I'm going to go with the technical term for this post though and talk about money.

Last year I went crazy at Christmas and bought way too many gifts ending in a lot of debt at the end of last year. This year Patrick and I agreed on what we were going to buy and I've done my best to stick to that list.

I've also started becoming obsessed with getting out of debt and building up our savings accounts (we have eight savings accounts- my personal, Isabel college fund, Kaleb college fund, Leah college fund, Marley's savings (for doctors appointments), vacation fund, house fund, and a new car fund). I've printed out what I owe on each credit card and how much we have in each savings account. I've also set up automatic transfers for each account at an agreed upon amount that will start in January. I think it will help us to see our debts go down and our savings go up. I owe a large portion of my new found inspiration to Phoebe at All You Need Is Enough.

I am hoping that this time next year I can be almost, if not completely, out of debt and that our savings accounts have significantly grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment