Friday, December 21, 2012

WEverb12- Day 21

21: read [LIVE]

Did you read a book this year that left you craving more when it was over?

I read the book 50/50 by Dean Karnazes this year. It was in the midst of training and it was just what I needed for motivation. If he could run 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days, then surely I could run one marathon once.

I wanted more though, so I bought another book written by the same author, Run!: 26.2 Stories of Blisters and Bliss and one that he wrote part of, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners: 101 Inspirational Stories of Energy, Endurance, and Endorphins.

He really is an inspiration and I really enjoyed the way he wrote, especially in Run! He "wrote" while he was running by recording his thoughts. It made it so much more real. Maybe I should read it again and the motivation will come back again for me to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment