Friday, December 28, 2012

DietBet

I guess this is the new way to lose weight. Betting with other people.

Or in other words:

Welcome to DietBet!

Lose weight. Have fun. Win money.

DietBet is a game where you've got 4 weeks to lose 4% of your starting weight. To begin, everyone puts money into the pot. After four weeks, whoever has hit their 4% goal is a winner and splits the pot.


Some of the other boardies on the Weight Watchers boards were talking about this yesterday and I decided to join today. Who knows, maybe I'm a gambler at heart and need that as motivation to kick start my weight loss for the new year. At the very least I lose $10. If everyone reaches their 4% goal I win my $10 back. Anything more than that is cherry on top of a perfectly frosted cake... Mmmmm cake..

My plan is to donate 100% of my winnings. After signing up and seeing this was an option I feel like this is more of a motivation. I always work harder for other people than I do for myself. Sad, but true.

However, this may be more difficult than I anticipated. I weighed myself a few nights ago and I was in the 170's, meaning I will need to lose 7 pounds in order to hit the 4% goal. Difficult, but doable. And motivating!

If interested in joining our challenge, or starting your own, follow the link below:
 http://bit.ly/ZHnr3D

No comments:

Post a Comment