Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wreath Making Party

To celebrate the start of Fall, Isabel was invited by a class mate to a wreath decorating party. For the past two weeks we've been collecting leaves, pine cones and other miscellaneous items for our wreath. I also purchased some silk flowers to add some color.

We almost didn't go to the party because I had to work and my mom (who watches Isabel when Patrick and I are both at work) wasn't going to be home. When I told Isabel that we wouldn't be able to go she gave me the puppy dog look. Those big sad eyes with tears welling up and the lip sticking out. The thing that got me was the sad, pathetic "But why?" It wasn't a whine, but a true question.

My heart broke. I'm normally not so soft, but I couldn't handle it. So I went to work and asked my boss if I could come into work early in order to leave early. My boss tends to be very easy going as long as you work the right amount of hours and get your job done.

So I got into work this morning at 6:15am and left at 3:15pm in order to pick up Isabel and make it to the party on time.

She was so excited to be able to play with all of her friends from school. And to be honest, I was pretty excited to meet their mom's. You see, I don't have many friends. Don't get me wrong. The ones I have are the best you can find and I would much rather have a handful of life long friends then too many acquaintances, but at the same time it would be nice for both Isabel and myself to have some friends with kids in order to start having play dates.

It was supposed to be the kids project to make the wreath, however they were too busy playing with each other to actually make anything. So the mom's (and one dad) ended up making the wreaths. They all turned out so well! It's amazing to see all of the different ideas people have. They all turned out so different, but each was unique and beautiful in it's own way.

Our fall wreath.

No comments:

Post a Comment