Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday- Vol. 5

1. I am thankful for fireworks. I am even more thankful for the professionals who set off fireworks. Patrick is one of those fearless pyromaniacs who sets off fireworks himself. It scares me. Last nights text "I managed to not kill or maim anyone..." Awesome.

2. I am thankful for catching up with old friends. We went to Fillmore for a train ride and for the firework show last night. A friend of mine lives there and I haven't seen her in a long time. She came down to the park and I was able to see her, her son and her brand new baby. It was really nice to catch up and see her.

3. I am thankful that Isabel got into two more sessions of swim lessons. I had her on the wait list for three sessions of private lessons and she got into the first one. I decided that she's doing really well this session and may be ready for group lessons (even if I'm not).

4. I am thankful that Patrick and I got a lot of unpacking done on our day off yesterday. He was able to put together our new dining room table, chairs and benches while I picked up and put things away. After breaking down and recycling all of the empty boxes our apartment finally looks like a home.

5. I am thankful that we will be leaving for Mammoth in 16 days. I am thankful that I have a workout routine from now until the day we leave to help me get in shape to lay out by the pool. I am looking forward to going fishing with my dad. I am looking forward to Patrick being with us this year and going on a hike to Rainbow Falls. I am looking forward to horseback riding around the lakes and taking a shit-ton of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment