Wednesday, July 11, 2012

3 Month Challenge

I can't even begin to count the number of times I have set goals for myself that I haven't achieved. If you truly need evidence, look at both the goals I set for May and June..

I've also set goals for myself that I have achieved, but I honestly believe that I've failed more than I've succeeded.

Most of my failed attempts involve working out and weight loss. For some reason I just can't seem to find the motivation to do it right. I get these spurts of motivation that last a week, two tops.

I think my fall back in trying to lose weight is the scale. I recently posted about my love/hate relationship with the scale and I think I'm finally at the point of frustration with it. I'm sick of feeling great and seeing a number I wasn't expecting and feeling like a failure. Like I said before, that number does not define me...

My wedding is 3 months and 1 day away. It will be here before I know it. I have many things I would like to accomplish by then, including losing weight.

I decided this morning, after stepping on the scale and seeing yet another gain, that I am done with weighing in weekly. In fact, I'm done weighing in. Period. My weight is going to fluctuate and it's never going to be the ideal number I have in my head. What's important to me is whether or not I like what I see when I look in the mirror, both clothed and naked. And you know what, it's not half bad.

I am currently a daily weigher. Okay, that's a lie. I weigh myself multiple times a day. It's an addiction and it needs to end. I'm going to ask Patrick to hide the scale for 3 months. Bringing my weight loss journey to be worked on "blind" until the day before our wedding. I don't want to know what I weigh until then.

I want to use these three months to focus on what I'm eating and how I'm exercising. I'm going to focus on cutting back on carbs. I'm going to work on making a work out schedule/routine that I can manage and that doesn't become too time consuming and overwhelming. I'm going to focus on me.

I will succeed in doing this. I have to. I don't know what the scale will say in 3 months and I'm hoping by that point that I don't care.

3 month challenge starting weight- 166.0

2 comments:

  1. This is a great attitude and I am trying to do the same thing! The scale was making me so depressed and it really shouldn't be that important. I am trying to just make good choices each day and up my activity and feel good about myself! At the end of the day, that's what matters. PS, I like to think you took the pictures of the T-Rex in the post below for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to lie, I did think of you when I saw it. Sounds creepy, but I'm a fan of yours, so whatever :)

      Delete