Sunday, July 29, 2012

58. Hit a bucket of balls. Check!



I don't know why it's taken me so long to complete this item off of my bucket list. There are two golf courses very close to where we live. There really is no excuse other than pure laziness.

I am the queen of excuses. If someone asks me to do something or go somewhere I can come up with 5 excuses before the question is finished. I don't know why I'm like that. I just enjoy being at home. However, when I do go out I almost always have an amazing time. I really need to get out more often. It would be good for me.

Patrick and I had an empty house tonight. Since we both have to work early tomorrow my parents are watching Isabel over night. This way she doesn't have to wake up early when we leave for work to drop her off at my parents. Normally Patrick and I will discuss having a date night on these nights, but nothing ever comes from them. I usually make excuses, such as we both have to be up early so there's no point in going out or neither of us can think of anything to do.

Tonight Patrick asked if we could go hit a bucket of balls. At first I said no because I had wanted to get a run in tonight and I also wanted to go grocery shopping. But then I decided that I can go grocery shopping tomorrow after work. Patrick agreed to go walking with me, so I changed my run to a walk. We walked 4.06 miles and then went to the golf course.

I'm not very good at all, but I had a blast! I can definitely see myself going back again. It was very inexpensive ($11 for 100 balls) and we were able to stop by his parents house to pick up some golf clubs to borrow for the evening.

I'm not very good, but I had fun.

Patrick, hitting the ball really hard and far.

Me, with bad form.

Patrick and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment