Friday, July 27, 2012

Mammoth- Day 4

Tuesday July 24, 2012

The weather completely changed from Monday to Tuesday. It went from raining most of the day to not a cloud in the sky. It was perfect for a hike and a boat ride on the lake.

We have gone on the Devil's Postpile and Rainbow Falls hike a few times. I always forget how difficult the hike back out is compared to the hike in. It's worth it though. The sights are amazing, and of course the opportunity to see a bear in the wild cannot be passed. I have yet to see one though, and can't help but feel relief.

When we got back from our hike we had a quick lunch then took the girls on a boat at Lake Mary. My dad let the girls drive the boat, which they loved. Patrick, my dad and I each got some fishing in and each caught a fish. (My dad and Patrick had already caught 5 the previous day).

It was a busy day, but it was so much fun!

Hiking attire.
Shirt: Marshall's
Shorts: Kohl's
Shoes: Kohl's

The beginning of the hike.

Devil's Postpile.

Close up shot.

Directions.

Another close up.

Big tree.

Patrick and me.

Rainbow Falls. The sun wasn't in a good spot to make a good rainbow, but there is a small one there.

Chipmunk.

Me and Patrick at Rainbow Falls.

So true!

Close up.

Me fishing.

My fish.

On the lake. Here fishy, fishy, fishy.

Me with the fish.

Yeah.. I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment