Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mammoth- Day 1

Saturday July 21, 2012

The plan was to leave for Mammoth on Saturday at 8am. Patrick and I both set our alarms, but forgot to turn them on. We woke up in a panic, but got everything together and made it on time.

For some reason the car ride went by really fast. I guess as you get older you begin to appreciate the drive to your destination instead of always asking "Are we there yet?"

We made a couple stops, the first for breakfast at Denny's. I had decided before leaving that I wasn't going to worry too much about my eating habits while on vacation, but I started out with good intentions, giving half of my breakfast to Isabel. I was satisfied and didn't feel uncomfortable on the car ride.

Then we stopped for jerky. There's this little store in Bishop that has some of the best beef and turkey jerky I've ever had. They also serve boar, buffalo and salmon jerky among other types. We ordered and as soon as we started to eat it I got really snacky. All I wanted to do was eat. I hate that feeling, especially when I give into it.

We finally arrived, unpacked and went to the grocery store. We walked down to the village for dinner where Rachel enjoyed a Mammoth Margarita. It was an exciting, long first day.



Marley sitting on top of Isabel's packed bag.

Me getting ready to go.
Shirt: Old Navy
Pants: New York & Co
Shoes: Kohl's

Scenic shot from the car.

Mt. Whitney

Flowers.

Flower.

Close-up flower.

Cows.

Almost there!

Rachel's Mammoth Margarita.


No comments:

Post a Comment