Monday, July 16, 2012

Dress for Success

In an attempt to make myself feel better about the body that I have, I have decided to start owning it. I think it's important for my self esteem to actually "get dressed" in the morning.

I have definitely taken advantage of our companies casual dress code for far too long. I know that I enjoy putting clothes together to make an outfit (although I'm still learning) so why do I always make the excuse that it takes too much time?

To be honest, I will never be the type of girl to spend a lot of time getting ready. I very rarely put on any makeup. I very rarely style my hair and you will usually see it up in a pony tail or a bun. More often than not I'll either be in my running attire or jeans and a shirt. I guess I just never thought it would matter or maybe because I am in a relationship I didn't need to try as hard.

Like I said before, I feel more confident when I present myself in a way that looks professional. I also feel it's important to dress for the job you want, not for the job you have. Don't get me wrong, I love my job but I would also like to move up someday, maybe make a little more money... I know that the way I dress is not going to get me promoted, but it will play an important role that I take my job seriously because I take myself seriously.

I'm worth the time and effort to get "done up". It's as simple as picking out my clothes the night before. It's as simple as waking up 10 minutes earlier. It's as simple as saving my workout for after work. It's simple and there shouldn't be any excuses.

I can't promise I'll change everything. I can almost guarantee that I won't wear makeup everyday and I can guarantee that my hair will sometimes go up into a pony tail. But I can also guarantee that I will make an effort to give myself more self confidence by dressing the way I deserve to dress.

I'm a work in progress.

Monday July 16, 2012:
Top: Old Navy
Skirt: New York & Company
Boots: Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment