Friday, July 27, 2012

Mammoth- Day 2

Sunday July 22, 2012

Rachel and I usually have our weekly long run on Saturday mornings with the Galloway group. However, since we were in the car all day Saturday we moved it to Sunday morning. We decided that we would still complete our 6 miles and agreed that we should take it nice and easy since we weren't quite used to the elevation yet.

Our normal pace for our group run is 14-14:30 minute miles. Our average pace for the 6 miles in Mammoth (including higher elevation and some nasty hills) was 14:20. We even walked more than usual.

After our run we went shopping for a little bit. I found two tops and two pairs of shoes. Miraculously I didn't spend a lot of money (thanks to some awesome sales).

The kids wanted to go swimming, however there was some thunder storms along with rain. Rachel and I decided to take them anyway since it wasn't raining right then. As soon as we got to the pool it started pouring. Since the temperature in the pool was really cold to begin with we decided to go back to the condo. Since it wasn't a cold rain, we let the girls dance in the rain. I can't remember any of us having more fun doing something so spontaneous.

Patrick and I made spaghetti, sausage and garlic bread for dinner. Okay, Patrick made dinner and I set the table.. I fail epically in the kitchen.
Ready to run.

Ready to shop.
Shirt: Marshall's
Pants: Kohl's
Shoes: Target

Trolley.

After our rain dance.
Shirt: Kohl's
Pants: New York & Co
Thunder clouds.

Rain clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment