Saturday, March 16, 2013

Weigh In 3/16/13



This week was mentally exhausting in regards to my weight loss journey. I was trying so hard to not self sabotage that I think I started to self sabotage.

I knew this week was going to be difficult both food and exercise wise. Being that the marathon is tomorrow (mini freak out), it was necessary to take this week easy to avoid injury. I did go on a few walks on my breaks at work and Rachel and I completed our last training run last Sunday, but the mind games were playing and I felt like it wasn't enough and I felt like I wasn't doing enough..

On top of the minimal exercise I also felt like my food choices weren't the best. Looking at my menu post weigh in I can see clearly that I did well. I could have made choices that were much worse based on any excuse, but I didn't. There were celebrations this week. I celebrated. I indulged a little. I lived my life and I felt satisfied after, not stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey, but satisfied.

The results?



















I lost 1.2 pounds this week for a total weight loss of 5.2 pounds!

And this is how I did it.. I get 30 daily points, 49 weekly points and then I have the ability to earn activity points.

Saturday March 9:
Breakfast: Weight Watchers mint cookies & cream smoothie (2), 1 cup organic fat free milk (2), banana (0), english muffin (3), 1 tbsp peanut butter (3), honey (1)
Lunch: apple (0), smart ones lasagna (7), weight watchers mini bars toffee (2)
Dinner: 1 cup whole wheat pasta (4), ground beef (4), garlic bread (3)
Snack: carrots (0), popcorn (3), weight watchers mini bar- lemon (2), rice cakes (2)
Total points used: 38
Total points earned: 0

Sunday March 10: (LA Zoo for Izzy's birthday)
Breakfast: english muffin (3), 1 tbsp peanut butter (3), honey (1), banana (0), coffee (0), creamer (1), splenda (0)
Lunch: philly cheese steak sandwich (14), fries (6), onion rings (7)
Dinner: whole wheat pasta (4), ground beef (4), garlic bread (3)
Snack: popcorn (3)
Workout: 5 mile run/walk (5)
Total points used: 50
Total points earned: 5

Monday March 11:
Breakfast: coffee (0), creamer (1), splenda (0), 1 cup silk fruit & protein (3), raspberries (0)
Snack: apple (0)
Lunch: smart ones ravioli (7)
Snack: baby carrots (0)
Dinner: in-n-out cheese burger (13), 1/2 order in-out fries (5)
Dessert: 2 hershey kisses candy cane (1)
Workout: 1.67 mile walk (2), 2.44 mile walk (2)
Total points used: 30
Total points earned: 4

Tuesday March 12:
Breakfast: coffee (0), creamer (1), splenda (0), 1 cup silk fruit & protein (3), raspberries (0), blueberries (0), banana (0)
Snack: apple (0)
Lunch: santa fe salad (7), tomato soup (8)
Dinner: pork chop (5), asparagus (0), couscous (4)
Snack: popcorn (3), 2 hershey kisses candy cane (1)
Workout: 1.67 mile walk (2), 2.44 mile walk (2)
Total points used: 33
Total points earned: 4

Wednesday March 13: (Dinner out for Patrick's birthday)
Breakfast: coffee (0), creamer (1), splenda (0), oatmeal (4)
Lunch: pork chop (5), asparagus (0), couscous (4)
Dinner: Famous Daves citrus grill shrimp (11)
Dessert: birthday cake (5)
Workout: 1.67 mile walk (2)
Total points used: 30
Total points earned: 2

Thursday March 14: (Dinner out for Patrick's birthday)
Breakfast: coffee (0), creamer (1), splenda (0), pancakes (4), egg whites (1)
Lunch: cranberry walnut salad (6)
Dinner: Outback Steakhouse tortilla soup (5), salmon (10), sweet potato (8)
Total points used: 35
Total points earned: 0

Friday March 15: (Lunch out for Lorien's birthday and dinner out to carbo-load for the marathon)
Breakfast: coffee (0), creamer (1), splenda (0), 1 cup silk fruit & protein (3), blueberries (0), banana (0)
Lunch: sushi (10), brown rice (5)
Dinner: pasta (5), meatball (5), salad with Italian dressing (1), garlic bread (6), pizza (5)
Workout: 1.67 mile walk (2)
Total points used: 41
Total points earned: 2

I ended the week with 2 weekly points left over and 17 activity points earned.

I think the week 2 curse where my motivation vanishes is gone. I think maybe I do have the willpower to do something I set my mind to.

There were a lot of events this week and I proved to myself that I can do it. I can make these changes during weeks with no events and weeks with multiple events.

And to make this weigh in even better, I earned my first 5lb star! It's a great first milestone to reach.



2 comments:

  1. congrats Tracy! you are doing wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly! I'm feeling great and am so glad I decided to go back to meetings :)

    ReplyDelete