Saturday, March 16, 2013

Race Expo

After Emma's soccer game today (4-1 win for the Firecrackers with an AMAZING goal by Emma) Rachel and I drove to the convention center in LA for the marathon expo. We picked up our packets including our bib, race shirt and swag bag. We then walked around a little and made a few purchases.

I'm not going to say I hate this years race shirt because hate is a strong word. It's not awful, but it is a disappointment compared to the race shirt we got last year for the same marathon. But it's free, so I guess there's that. Plus I love me some free stuff! Especially since I can run in it.

As we walked around we started looking at the other shirts for sale by the race sponsor Asics. There were a lot of cute shirts this year and we both decided to buy our favorite, which we agreed should have been the race shirt provided to us. There were only a few left as it was a very popular style. We learned last year that if you find something you like you should buy it, not go overboard obviously, but a shirt is meaningful and useful.

I must admit that I do not feel the way I think I should. I'm not nervous and I'm not super excited like I was last year. I'm safely assuming it's because it's not my first and I kind of know what to expect. I'm more excited than nervous though, which is good and very unlike me the night before a race. I think it's because I keep thinking that I have a goal in mind and I'm determined to strive for it. Still don't think I'll reach it, but Rachel and I are going to go out and do our best to reach it. I can just picture us finishing and it's amazing to think about.

I know it's not going to be a walk in the park. Obviously because a walk in the park is a lot easier than running 26.2 miles.. But I have a good feeling about this race.

















Race shirt




Purchased shirt. Not the best picture, but it's better.



You know I'm Team T-Rexing it for the marathon.


Sorry I'm not sorry!




















I hope everyone has a safe and very happy St Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment