Monday, March 25, 2013

I Feel Pretty..

Oh so pretty!

I went shopping yesterday with my mom. I bought a bathing suit Saturday morning from Target and wanted to find a skirt or shorts or something to cover up the bottom half and decided to stop at Kohl's since I would be right there Sunday morning.

While there I started looking around at the clearance and stumbled upon a dress that I liked. I tried it on and liked it. Didn't love it though. Then my mom brought in a long, flowy dress with zebra print and asked if I'd try it on. I did and I loved it. It was snug in all the right places and I felt comfortable in it.

I knew that I could put it on with flip flops for a casual summery day or add my black jacket and heels to dress it up for work. That's exactly what I did this morning, adding make-up and actually wearing my hair down for the first time in a while.

And you know what? I feel pretty today.

I keep coming back to this whole dress for success idea and I keep falling off the wagon time after time because of so many stupid reasons. Most of it being I don't have the time to do my make-up or my hair or pick out an outfit that no one is going to appreciate.

But I appreciate it. I like to look nice. I like to feel pretty and sometimes I do get the compliments which perk me up.  I know I shouldn't rely on others opinions to change the mood I'm in, but I do. So hearing a co-worker tell me I look nice puts a little boost in my mood and a little bounce in my step.

So I'm going to work on taking the time before bed to pick out an outfit and take the time in the morning to put on a little make-up. I don't wear much and it takes me 5-10 minutes max to do it, so why not?

Here's to finding three more work outfits before I'm out and can get away with laying around in sweats for a week straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment