Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dear Journal, 3/27/13

I received this Q&A journal exactly a year ago today. I wrote in it every day for three months, some days going into more detail than others. I figure I'll write what I wrote last year first for the days that I did just to see the difference from last year to this year..

Dear Journal,
Q: When was the last time you felt like you were on top of the world?
A 2012:I felt on top of the world on March 18th of this year when I completed my first marathon.
A 2013: I felt on top of the world on March 17th when I crossed the finish line at the LA Marathon, completing my goal of finishing a marathon in under six hours. Of putting my mind to something and achieving it. And I think the minute it all hit me was when I saw my family at mile 26, right before the finish line. I got all teary eyed and knew at that moment that no matter what I was going to be finishing. I knew that I had completed the marathon using my intervals and I didn't give up.

"The voices in your head are all liars." Best shirt ever and I fully intend to pay it forward.

Picture of the day 3/27:

No comments:

Post a Comment