Sunday, March 10, 2013

Running Recap- 3/10/13

Today was our last training run before the marathon next weekend. Today was also my first run with my new shoes.



I cannot even begin to explain the difference. Such a positive change and I'm really hopeful that with a couple of adjustments I'll be able to finish the marathon. It's not perfect, but the change is noticeable and enough to give me hope that I can stick with running for a long while.

Today's training run was supposed to be 6-7 miles, but we ended up getting to 5. It was a good run and we went faster than we should have, which we decided made up for the extra miles.

Mile 1: 13:12
Mile 2: 13:29
Mile 3: 13:24
Mile 4: 12:59
Mile 5: 13:19

The time for each mile fits perfectly for my race pace (which I'll post about soon!) so I feel good about that. I'm not sure how long I can keep that pace for on race day, but I'm going to try..

All in all it was a great run and I'm going to focus on the positives of the run instead of on the negatives. I'll post again soon about race day..

No comments:

Post a Comment