Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's been way too long since I've posted one of these..

1. I am thankful that I was on the radio this morning with my favorite radio DJ. They've had a few topics in the past that I've thought about calling in on, but I always felt like what I had to say wasn't important or I was at work and felt it was inappropriate to call. Well, this morning I was pulling into work and they were talking about the designated coffee maker. Guess what? That's me! So I called and talked with the DJ and I was shaking and it was so out of character, but I did it and it made me happy. Something so simple can really put a smile on my face.

2. I am thankful for my sister and my parents. Without them I wouldn't have the confidence (or proper shoes) to run the marathon on the 17th. After our last training run last weekend I tapped out, threw in the white flag, etc. I was done. Over running long distances. Didn't care about the money I had spent, the hours I had put in training. None of it mattered. I just didn't want to run anymore. My mom listened as I cried while sitting on a wall at the beach while Rachel finished and got the car. And then I received a text message from my sister: "You need to bring ur running shoes with u. Mom and you are going to road runner. Your Having your feet tested to see if those shoes are wrong. No ifs ands or buts. #12DaysuntilLAMarathon! Woooo hooo :)"

So I went to Road Runner and had my feet tested and got a new pair of shoes. I have yet to run in them (hopefully tomorrow night!) but I have hope that that is what's been wrong this time around. My legs and feet did not feel like this last year, so I'm hoping that a change of shoes is all it will take to feel like myself while running again.

3. I am thankful that I currently have about 7+ people telling me that I am way too hard on myself in regards to every aspect of my life. I think the repetitiveness of hearing it from different sources will help me relax a little and realize that I am good enough the way that I am and that I don't have to constantly be trying to be something more, something better. For some reason I have this thought that I'm not enough and that I never will be, but I just have to let that go and move on from the negativity. Hopefully having these people will remind me of that daily.

4. I am thankful that I bit the bullet and signed up for Weight Watchers again. I know that My Fitness Pal is a wonderful (and free) source for a lot of people, but I think it gave me to much room for error and not enough accountability. I was constantly changing my starting weight and not losing and not tracking and not focusing and not caring. So I went to my first meeting with Weight Watchers last Saturday and it was great to see the same leader and a lot of the same members. My leader sat with me after the meeting and was right in saying that for me I need the meetings because I need that extra accountability. And you know what? It has been an amazing first week. Yes, some days I've dipped into my weekly points, but other days I've resisted the urge to over eat because I want to be successful. I've been successful on Weight Watchers before and I will be again. This time I won't make the mistake in thinking that I can do it on my own though..

5. I am thankful that I have a patient and understanding husband. He has been my greatest source of support and I love him so much. It's been a bumpy road, but we're still here standing side by side. There is no one in this world I would rather be on this adventure with and I know that things can only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment