Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday

1. I am thankful that yesterday was Patrick's birthday and that we were able to celebrate it with our friends and family. We are so lucky to not just get along with our families, but we actually enjoy spending time with them as well. We are two incredibly lucky people and I am forever grateful to both sets of parents.

2. I am thankful that five years ago today I gave birth to a healthy baby girl. She weighed in at 8 pounds even and came into this world screaming. The nurses kept assuring me that she was okay because she was crying so hard that she would stop breathing. But I knew that she was okay. I don't know how, but I just knew she was fine. And then I saw her and held her and said "I know you." It's been a whirlwind of ups and downs and I know that I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything.

3. I am thankful that the marathon is this Sunday. I am filled with so many emotions about the race, but I think the emotion that tops them all is excitement. This will be my third marathon (fourth if you count the training run that made the full distance) and I have to say, they are addicting. I just wish I had more motivation to actually do the training properly so that I don't just finish, I can actually improve each time.

4. I am thankful that my surgery has finally been scheduled (for the fourth time) and confirmed for March 29th. It's been a long 16 months, but I am so thankful that I have a doctor that believes me when I tell him I'm in pain and that the other treatment options have not helped. It seems to be a problem that is pretty rare, but it's there. I'm really looking forward to my pre-op appointment so that I can know for sure what they're going to be doing.

5. I am thankful that we are going to be talking as a team to our boss and to her boss about some concerns/frustrations we have in our office. The meeting is in a little while and I am a ball of nerves and excitement. I am hoping that only positive things come out of this meeting, but I highly doubt it. That's pretty sad to feel like our voices will not be heard, but I can hope. Karma, right? It's bound to come back around..

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the marathon this weekend! I know you will rock it and I hope you get your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm excited to try to reach my goal :)

      Delete