Thursday, May 24, 2012

Running Memorabilia

While beginning the packing process last night I got sentimental while taking down all of my running things. My bibs, metals, pictures.. They all mean so much to me because I never thought this is where I'd be.

I hated running when I was younger. In high school I dreaded running the mile for gym class. When playing volleyball, I despised hell week. Even while running my first 5K I didn't enjoy it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I love to run. I find it difficult and time consuming and sometimes painful. But I enjoy the way I feel after. I enjoy the races, even if I will never win. And I enjoy the things I have to remind me of each race. I know the following pictures are more for me than for you, but I hope you enjoy them all the same.

My sock drawer. For some reason I enjoy running in knee high socks.
This is less than half of my collection.

36:24

1:46:10

5K Gator Run
41:42

5K Calabasas Classic
38:38

5K Turkey Trot
34:16

2:49:47

3:04:00

6:15:11

2:59:10

5K Gator Run
33:30


My running inspiration bulletin board.








My metal for completing the Galloway Training program for the marathon.

The dates of all my half marathon's.


The map from the marathon.
  
My certificate of completion.

The best card ever! Thanks mom!

I have 9 races that I'm currently signed up for and always looking for more. Who would have thought that I would ever be waking up early to get a run in during the week, waking up early on a Saturday to meet with our running group to run and spending money to enter into a race that I will never win. I don't know what it is about running, but it's addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment