Monday, May 7, 2012

Holding Myself Accountable. Weigh In- Vol. 1

I told myself that I needed to buy a scale. In order to make progress, I need to know where I'm starting from. So while out working on our registry at Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a scale.

I wasn't thrilled with what I saw the first time I weighed in (Friday night). I also wasn't thrilled the second time I weighed in (Saturday morning). But my official weigh in Monday morning is the weight I'm sticking to and my current starting point.

I decided to make my weigh-in day Monday morning because I believe that it will help hold me accountable for the entire weekend.

I'm not quite sure what my end weight goal is going to be for a few reasons:
1. I'm already at a weight that is a "healthy" weight for my height.
2. I'm still training, so the weight isn't going to come off as easy when I'm dedicated to running and still trying to find that balance.
3. I'm starting a new program (Spark People) and starting to track calories instead of points like I was used to on Weight Watchers.
4. I know what weight I would like to be ideally, but I don't think it's a realistic weight to try to maintain.
5. I want to be less concerned with a number and more concerned with what I'm eating, how I feel and how my clothes fit.

I have decided that I will be taking a picture and posting in Monday mornings in order to stay accountable. It's not something I want to do, more something I need to do in order to keep tracking and hopefully to see progress of my weight going down.

So here it is... Weigh-in #1.
Weight:










Before shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment