Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hiking In Our Own Backyard

As a follow up to yesterday's post, Happy Anniversary!, the following is our date night.

When I got home from work it was still really hot outside, so we decided to go have dinner first. Patrick knows I love sushi, but we wanted to try somewhere new, so we went to YoMama Sushi. It was really good and I think I may have had a slight sushi coma afterwards.
When we got home I was surprised with a beautiful orchid. We had agreed on cards only, but knowing me I'm sure Patrick was expecting more than that. I always say cards only and then I end up getting him something anyway. But I actually stuck to my word, and now I feel guilty...

After dinner we went on our hike. It was literally a 30 second drive from our apartment to the start of the trail we were taking. We decided to hike in a mile and then turn around and hike back out. What a workout!

This is the beginning of the trail.

Patrick, about .25 miles in.

Me, about .25 miles in.

Patrick and me at the 1 mile mark.

This is where we decided to stop. Next time our goal is 2 miles in (and up over that hill to the right).

The view from where we stopped.

Flowers.

Lizard.

I realized last night that we definitely take this for granted. Since moving into our apartment last July, we have only gone hiking twice. We plan on going more often.

The trails near our apartment are pretty much straight up. It was fun, but a lot of work. I think going back down hurt more than going up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment