Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Perfect Way To Start The Day

Driving to work this morning I looked down and saw that the thermometer in my car said it was 57 degrees outside. At 7am. I can only imagine what the rest of the day is going to look like. (Yesterday reached over 90).

The thought of it being so warm so early makes me a little sad because it means the deer that hang out on the hill by my work won't be around as often. I had become so used to seeing them every morning and almost every afternoon during the winter that I, in a way, took them for granted.

The building I work in backs up to a gorgeous hill where we often see deer, rabbits, hawks, coyotes, squirrels, lizards and even a roadrunner makes his presence known every once in a while. And on Monday there was a rattle snake in the parking lot.

But this morning I just felt like "deer season" was coming to an end and I was unsure if I'd see any more. As I walked into work, this is what I saw...



I stood there a moment. Allowing myself to appreciate the wildlife I am able to see almost every day when I go to work. It really does put a different spin on going to work. Normally people, myself included, wake up thinking "I don't want to go to work today." But how can I think that when this is what I get to see.

The greatest part of it though was not the single deer on the hill. As I stood there watching her, I was surprised to see her baby bouncing around in the brush below her. It was incredible to just watch it play, without a care in the world, as it's mother watched out, protecting it.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment