Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday- Vol. 3

First and foremost, random pictures from last night...

My new outfit from Kohl's. Jeans, shirt and sunglasses are Lauren Conrad. Shoes from Target from a few years ago.

Dinner for Sandy's (Rachel's mother-in-law) birthday.

Roasted vegetable salad with grilled chicken breast.

Isabel's drawing.


1. I am extremely grateful that moving day is tomorrow. We are so not as prepared as we should be, but our new apartment complex is allowing us to start moving in early, so hopefully that will make the process less stressful. I feel like I've been packing for weeks and nothing looks accomplished.

2. I am thankful to my co-worker and best friend for always being willing to help out when work gets overwhelming. She never complains about how much there is to do and doesn't get frustrated when I need help. I don't know what I'd do without her!

3. I am thankful that the majority of the wedding is planned. I believe I have been a fairly rational bride-to-be, for the most part. I will fully admit to having a few Bridezilla moments. The funny part is, is that I told Patrick when we first got engaged that I was not looking forward to booking the DJ and the honeymoon and those were the two things to send me over the edge.

4. I am thankful for the running group I belong to (and of course to Rachel for pushing me to just try it once). I never thought I would enjoy running with a group of people. In fact I used to hate running outside with fear that someone might see me (the horror!). I though I looked weird when I ran and that I didn't do it right. I was afraid that I would slow people down. It's been 10 months since I joined. Since joining I've been able to complete three 5Ks, one 10K, one 10K mud run, 3 half marathons and one full marathon. I've become more confident in myself and have made goals for future running events. I'll never be the type of person to run a mile straight, and with this group I know that it's okay. I feel welcome and I am so excited for the kick-off meeting in 2 weeks.

5. I am thankful for my running electronics. I don't like to buy myself expensive gifts because I know that the money can be used on more important things. However, I finally decided to treat myself to a GPS watch last Christmas. I asked myself one simple question: "Will you use it?" And the answer was yes, as often as I can. And I do. I use it on almost every walk or walk/run I go on. It sometimes frustrates me when I think I've gone farther than I have, but more often than not it keeps me going longer. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made. My HRM is one of the best gifts I've received. Patrick gave me the HRM for Christmas 2 years ago and I love it. It makes it so easy to track activity. And of course, my interval timer. It makes running intervals amazingly easy and I don't know what I'd do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment