Monday, June 18, 2012

Dodgers vs Angels

Living in California we have a wide variety of sports teams to cheer for. In baseball alone we have 5 teams...

San Francisco Giants
Oakland Athletics
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
San Diego Padres

Living near Los Angeles the choice for a team was between the Dodger's and the Angels. My first baseball game was to a Dodger's/Angel's game, and me being the rebel I am, decided to root for the Angel's while the rest of my family cheered for the Dodger's.

I was told by my father at that tender age of 7 that I would get the crapped beat out of me if I rooted for the opposing team, and that no, he would not protect me. I cheered for them anyway, and you know what? They won..

Fast forward 20 years later...

My sister and her family are die hard Dodger fans.

Patrick and our family are die hard Angel fans.

Our parents are neutral and root for both.

We finally decided to go to a freeway series game at Dodger stadium (the closer of the two stadiums) on June 13th.


The view from our seats

Angel's vs Dodger's

Patrick, Isabel and I were all done up in Angel's gear among a sea of blue.

Torii Hunter, one of my favorite players



We were also lucky enough to have the LA Kings there to throw the first pitch at the game following their recent Stanley Cup win!

Dodgers, Kings, Angels
The score was 1-1 until the top of the 9th when the Angel's hit a home run. The Dodger's had a few chances to score in the bottom of the inning. It was very intense.

The Angel's won the game 2-1 and won the first series between the two teams with the same score. I'm very proud to say that the trash talking was kept to a minimum.. Most likely because our parents sat in between us, but I like to think it's because we're all grown up and are able to enjoy events like this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment