Saturday, November 10, 2012

Running Recap 11/10/12

Today was a four mile group run. Rachel and I are on a different training plan since our next race is in December, so we had to add an extra two miles to add on at the end.

It was pretty cold this morning, so I wore my LA Marathon long sleeve shirt. Turns out other people had the same idea and there were five of us with the same shirt on. It was pretty awesome.

The first four miles were pretty good. No pain like I normally have. I think I was thinking too much about how cold I felt to be concerned about little pains in my shins, knees and ankles.

We stayed at a pretty good pace for the first four miles and then increased our speed for the last two miles. It was pretty good and I think that's how we're going to try to run Santa to the Sea. We've been told this before, so I don't know why it's taken us so long to figure it out, but it's better to start a race of slower than planned and then increase your speed about halfway through. Save your energy till the end. It's difficult though, especially when you have race day jitters and excitement.

I was thinking about it while I was running. I'm really close to being ready to get back on track with getting healthy. I'm tired of my pants being tight. I'm tired of avoiding mirrors and windows. I'm tired of lugging around an extra 10 pounds. It makes it so much more difficult to run! Especially since when I started running I still wanted to lose another 15 pounds!

I'm not quite there yet, but I'm really close. Not sure when it's going to happen, but I know I have to get to that point before I can start, otherwise I will just fail yet again. Plus I'm really sick of starting this post every week and then deleting it or not following up on it. I'm getting as annoyed as you are.

Total miles: 1:21:11
Total time: 6:06
Mile 1: 13:52
Mile 2: 13:51
Mile 3: 13:29
Mile 4: 13:30
Mile 5: 12:49
Mile 6: 12:59

Next week is a 10 miler. Rachel won't be there, so it's going to be a quiet run. I tend to not talk if she's not there. I'm so anti-social... I wish I wasn't. I really wish it was easier for me to feel comfortable with other people. I wish I had more friends.

And on that note I'm going to stop before I get to deep on a Saturday night. Time to put the kiddo's to bed and try to get some sleep myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment