Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Presidential Election

I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to voice my opinion about the elections on here. To be honest, my opinion is just that, mine.

But here's how I feel about last night and the aftermath..

It really upsets me how we, as a country, react when we don't (or do) get our way. It really upsets me how separated we are, as a country, by our affiliation with a particular party. It really upsets me how people feel the need to bash a person or a group of people based on their beliefs. Isn't that the beauty of America? That we get to have opinions and beliefs and ideas that are ours? It comes down to a simple thought...

We should support our government despite whether we agree with them or not. Respect the office, even if you don't agree with the candidate.

I hear a lot of people's first thought is to pray to God for our country as if re-electing President Obama is the worst thing in the history of the world. Not to go into my religious beliefs too much, but doesn't God have a "plan"? Wouldn't this then be a part of his "plan"?

This is my concern. What is praying to God going to do? I personally don't really think that praying to God for our country is going to do anything because God's not going to just come down here and do something about it. Why don't the Democrats and the Republicans, oh I don't know, sit down together and discuss ideas on how to work together to make this country better? I don't agree with all of the ideas from either side, but each side does bring positive ideas.

I'm just so over one side hating on the other just because they're a democrat or a republican. Whatever happened to being American, respecting our President and working together to make progress? Whatever happened to the unity that our country had after 9/11? Does there really have to be a tragic event for us to come together as a country?

I have so many ideas about this, even though I'm  not educated on it as much as I'd like to be. So many ideas that I can't form a sentence, let alone a paragraph or entire blog post, putting together how I feel in a nice organized manner, but then I read this and I felt that it was worded beautifully.

I think the beauty of our country is that we are all able to have different opinions and beliefs, but I also think it's a downfall when we are so one-sided in our opinions that we won't even consider that someone else may actually be right. Shocker!

It's frustrating, and I hope that one day we can all work together to improve our country instead of always fighting with each other, seeing who can be louder to try to get their thoughts heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment