Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNoWriMo- Check In

Today is day 7 of NaNoWriMo and I am well on my way to finishing early. As of last night I had reached 20,000 words.

I will admit that I feel like I'm cheating in a way. My novel is not fiction but, as mentioned before, a book of letters from myself to Isabel. I really think this makes it easier to write since it is personal.

I'm not going to stop though, and at some point would like to actually find a way to have it made into a book. I fully intend to continue writing for awhile after this contest is over. I want to at some point give this book to Isabel, most likely when she's in her twenties.

I'm really glad I started this and am looking forward to some therapeutic writing sessions when I get into some personal details about our past together as mother and daughter. It's going to be difficult to get through no doubt, but it should be good for me to finally get it out. A glass of wine (or four) may be required that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment