Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I was planning on doing a wedding addition the Thursday before the wedding, but I was a little distracted. Then last Thursday we were still on our honeymoon..

I want to say a huge thank you to our entire wedding party and to our parents. Without every single one of them we would not be able to have had such an amazing wedding!

A big thank you to my maid of honor for planning a beautiful bridal shower, an incredibly fun bachelorette party and for giving a very touching speech. I love you and I am so glad we are not only sisters, but best friends!

1. I am thankful to get back into a routine. As fun and as needed as it was to go on our honeymoon it's nice to be back home. I'm trying to get back into better eating and exercise habits as well, but having a little difficulty with that.

2. I am thankful that I am taking tomorrow off. My dad was supposed to be having knee surgery, but it got postponed. I had originally taken the day off and decided to keep it as a day off so that I can take Isabel to school, get caught up on laundry and start the name change process by going to the social security office.

3. I am thankful that I made the time to go to the book store yesterday. Isabel's teacher recommended a book for parents of gifted children. I took Isabel to the library to look for it, but ended up getting her 8 books because all of the books for the subject I needed were already checked out. Then we went to Barnes and Noble. The book that was recommended is online only, but I was able to find one similar. I really think this is going to help us.

4. I am thankful that I decided to start writing in a journal. I started two nights ago and I already feel a little stress lifted. It's nice to be able to get everything out and not worry about it. I found a cute journal and am planning on writing in it every day for a year in order to cross another item off of my bucket list.

5. I am thankful for our new mixer. My new in-laws bought us the countertop mixer we registered for and I was able to use it for the first time last night. It is amazing! I made mini cupcakes last night for our running group tonight and it made it so much easier to mix. I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment