Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ceremony

I realize that Patrick and I are probably the only two who care to ever read our ceremony and vows and I am putting this on here so we can refer to it whenever we want. Of course if you have the time and care to read it you are more than welcome to.. Thank you to Dr Kimber Lee Wilkes for an amazing ceremony. You made it truly special.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man? Her mother and father.

On behalf of Patrick and Tracy, I would like to thank you for joining us today to share and witness their celebration of marriage. You have all played important roles in the many and varied stages of their lives. Through your love and support you have enriched their lives, helping them grow, and hopefully they have touched your lives in return.

Patrick and Tracy would also like to honor those who are with us today only in spirit, for they have touched our lives and are etched in our memory, and we would like to thank them for their loving presence.

Marriage is not a destination but a journey. One paved with both smooth and rough roads. Roads which lead you to learn more about yourselves, about each other, and about the world around you. Marriage is a shining experience. An adventure in the most intimate of human relationships. It is this sharing that enhances the individuality of each person, thus enabling them to achieve a fuller meaning of their lives together.

This couple has chosen to marry, not because they belong to each other, but with each other. Because they wish the same happiness for each other, each will strive to reach harmony by adjusting to the needs of the other, while remaining true to themselves. When things do not go smoothly, they will try to be gentle, understanding, flexible, receptive, open and loving. They will give what is needed and more...they will take what is needed and no more. They will be truthful, so they may always trust. They will be respectful, for each of them is a special human being that has been blessed with much love and the capacity to share it.

While marriage offers us the greatest of all challenges and trials, in return it gives us living proof of the love we have for each other. A good marriage is dependent upon so many factors, with the first being a strong bond of friendship. To love another person is to be willing to accept their strong points and their weak points with equal amounts of consideration and respect. Faith in each other and faithfulness to the marriage is paramount for its success. Sharing feelings and emotions must be done in an open manner if two people are to fully communicate within their relationship.

And we cannot underestimate the significance of honesty - to be honest to each other is the hallmark of every good marriage.

Marriage is a promise to share your lives generously and enthusiastically each and every day; to listen when the other needs to talk; to talk when the other needs to listen; to be strong when the other needs strength; to be compassionate when the other needs assurance; to bring laughter when the other needs to smile; and to somehow, even in the smallest way, renew the appreciation and love you feel for each other with each new day.

Patrick and Tracy, you love each other because you are collaborators, companions and allies. Face to face and side by side; and yet, you are two separate individuals who, not out of need but from knowing and loving, want to share your life together always. It is because you have chosen to share your life together always, that we stand here today.

Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. It makes you stronger and so you reach out - becoming involved in life in ways you would dare not risk alone. Take pride in each other's achievements and learn to encourage and support each other as a process of your life together. Love each other's families as your own. Laugh and create laughter everyday. Let your love serve as a common source of energy. Let your love give you the strength to stand apart, to seek out your own destinies, to make you own special contributions to the world.

Remember that marriage is a promise that takes a lifetime to fulfill.

As you build your lives together, realize that you will continue to grow and change. Always remember to accept each other's decisions from the past and to support each other's dreams for the future.

It was Tracy's incredible enthusiasm for life and her willingness and eagerness to confront each day with this enthusiasm that convinced Patrick that Tracy, without a doubt, was the woman for him.

From the beginning, Tracy could feel a strong connection with Patrick and could see he was the mirror image of the spiritual love found inside of her.

That's when Tracy realized that was Patrick her soul mate- different in mind and body- but same in spirit.

There is an old proverb that the "journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

For you, Patrick and Tracy, your wedding today is a beautifully choreographed first step.

There is joy to be found in such an unexpected journey that began when they first met as coworkers at the CVS store.

Their relationship turned when they became better acquainted on their first date, where they soon realized that they shared the same interests in life and became best friends.

And it escalated with a surprise proposal while Patrick though Tracy was asleep and wouldn't hear him when he asked "will you marry me."

She didn't respond, but she asked him the next morning what he had said to which he replied "I want you to be my wife." It was simple and perfect.

And this union is now culminating some 3 years and 6 months later, in marriage.

This journey began anew as they discovered how to take everything that they had learned about each other including the fact that Patrick loves baseball while Tracy loves to run and has completed a marathon, multiple half marathons and a handful of 5 and 10Ks and these two built a relationship doing the things they both really enjoy like going to Angel games, going camping and they can't wait to get back out on the lake.

Patrick and Tracy have been fortunate enough to travel together to many wonderful locations together including their trip to Las Vegas, camping and Arizona (the Grand Canyon) where they spent time having fun, laughing and seeing the sites.

Patrick and Tracy share their domain with a fancy feline - their cat Marley.

Well, Marley sends her blessings. Unfortunately she had a prior commitment to sleep while you are away.

Patrick: when we talked over the ceremony, I asked you to tell me three things that you liked most about Tracy. Do you remember what you said? No, but I can come up with three more. Let me refresh your memory:

First you said that you love her understanding, caring and giving nature towards you and everyone else she knows. You also love her complete beauty both inside and out and that she has a beautiful and radiant smile which lights every room she enters. She can make the darkest day bright again, just by smiling at you.

You said you love her passion for life, and her ability to make you feel important and secure- she allows you to be yourself and not try to change you. Her love is always unconditional. She's the source of your inspiration.

Then you pointed out that you love the fact you get each other and usually know what the other person is thinking.

And lastly you love the fact that she is your best friend, and that special someone that you will share your life with always.

And Tracy, you said that you love Patrick because he has such a caring and generous spirit. He is extremely thoughtful and patient, and he puts everyone else before himself. He is a most giving man in every way.

You also love his sense of humor, and how he could make you laugh even during the most difficult of times, life right about now...

You said that you love the fact that he is so confident and sure of himself and of the two of you as a couple. His love and support for you is unbelievable. And Patrick is a wonderful father and very caring to his children and yours. He makes you smile just by hearing his voice.

And mostly you enjoy his integrity, his honest principles and his ability to be such an amazing cook.

You are so blessed to find the goodness in each other and we too are blessed to be a part of this wonderful wedding celebration.

Patrick and Tracy - knowing that no moment is more meaningful, no undertaking more significant - do you now choose to speak the words that will bind you as husband and wife from this day forward? We will.

Patrick, will you have this woman, whose hand you hold, to be your wedded wife, to share your life openly with her, and pledge that you will love, honor and tenderly care for her in all the circumstances of her life? I will.

Tracy, will you have this man, whose hand you hold, to be your wedded husband, to share your life openly with him, and pledge that you will love, honor and tenderly care for him in all the circumstances of your life? I will.

Patrick and Tracy now have their own personal wedding vows that they would like to share with each other:

Patrick's personal wedding vows: I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask no more than you can give. I promise to respect you and to realize that your desires are no less important than my own. I promise to share my time and attention with you, and to bring joy and strength to our relationship. I promise to grow with you, and to be willing to make changes in order to keep our relationship alive. I promise to comfort you with myself, to love you in good times as well as bad, with all that I am and all that I have forever for always and no matter what.

Tracy's personal wedding vows: I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask no more than you can give. I promise to respect you and to realize that your desires are no less important than my own. I promise to share my time and attention with you, and to bring joy and strength to our relationship. I promise to grow with you, and to be willing to make changes in order to keep our relationship alive. I promise to comfort you with myself, to love you in good times as well as bad, with all that I am and all that I have forever for always and no matter what.

The rings please. These rings symbolize your love for each other and will be a reminder of this your wedding day. Unbroken they encircle your finger, with no beginning and no ending. Their similarity represents your joint purpose in life. Their uniqueness represents the individuality that both of you bring to this union. Let these rings symbolize a wonderful friendship that has grown into a life-long love.

Patrick, as you place this ring upon Tracy's finger, please repeat after me:
Tracy, you are the love, of my life.
On this day, I marry my best friend
The one who shares my dreams, my life and my future,
I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and devotion,
I offer you my heart, my strength, and my love
To cherish and protect you as my wife
With all that I am, and all that I have,
now and forever.

Tracy, as you place this ring upon Patrick's finger, please repeat after me:
Patrick, you are the love, of my life.
One this day, I marry my best friend
The one who shares my dreams, my life and my future,
I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and devotion,
I offer you my heart, my strength, and my love
To cherish and protect you as my husband
With all that I am, and all that I have,
now and forever.

Josh will honor us with a quote by Bob Marley:
"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. You can be yourself and not worry about what they think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. In their presence, there's no need for continuous conversation, but you find you're quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become special to you. You open your heart knowing that there's a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that's so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life."

May all your hopes and dreams be realized. May the love you share continue to be the most important part of your life together. May your home be a place of harmony, warmth and peace. A place where you can feel relaxed and comfortable. A place where you can gain strength and support, where you will always find a friend. May the people you touch in your lifetime know how much you care for each other. May your today's and tomorrow's be filled with vision, joy and romance. May your love be a sanctuary from which you draw your strength, to live your lives with enthusiasm and imagination. May you together give back to the world some of the wonderful things it has given to you.

By the power of the love you have for each other, and by the power vested in me by the State of California, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife.

You may now kiss the bride.

Ladies and Gentlemen it gives me the greatest pleasure to introduce for the first time, as husband and wife: Mr & Mrs Patrick Sawlsville.

No comments:

Post a Comment