Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy Retirement Dad!

Last night was my dads retirement dinner at the Odyssey. It was such a wonderful event planned by my mom and my dads best friend.

My dad has been such a positive influence to so many people and it just meant so much to me to be there and hear other people say what I already know.

My dad retired after 35 years on the fire department. He has always been my hero and growing up I was (and still am) always proud of him and what he did for other people.

At his last dinner at the fire station my dad made a comment that he wasn't always there for us. But in reality he was there. It wasn't about the quantity of time we spent together it was about the quality of time. And I wouldn't trade those memories for anything.

It was my dad who would tease me with riddles on our walk home from elementary school. Asking me what weighed more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks. He taught me that i came before e, except after c. Most importantly he taught me that my best was enough.

My phone died last night before I had the chance to take pictures with my parents. Thankfully there were other photographers there, but I don't have those yet, so here's what I have:









No comments:

Post a Comment