Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

I just do not have the words to explain my feelings about yesterdays tragic events in Boston. It makes no sense to me and breaks my heart.

I found out by a text message. Isabel and I were in the living room watching a movie and Patrick was in the bedroom napping. I read the message and my mind raced while my eyes filled with tears. I waited until Patrick woke up before I turned on the news to watch the coverage. And then I couldn't stop.

I sat in silence, in devastation and in awe of what I was witnessing.

So many fellow runners have written wonderful messages and blog posts regarding yesterday, however there is one in particular that says almost everything that I would say if I was as good of a writer.

My heart aches for Boston, for runners, for those injured and especially for those who lost someone they love.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment