Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dear Journal, 1/1/13

For my birthday last year my mom bought me a 5 year Q&A journal. The idea of this journal is to respond to the question asked each day for five years. There are 365 questions and you are supposed to be able to see how your answers have changed throughout the years.

I started writing in it that day (March 27th) and made it to July 2nd before forgetting to write. Then Isabel got a hold of it and now there are pictures of houses and people that she's drawn.

Writing in a journal for a full year has been a goal of mine for a while now. It's very personal and therapeutic. I always imagined myself as a child with a bunch of filled journals documenting my life. I wanted to be able to look back and read what I wrote. Unfortunately my OCD got the best of me and as soon as I started writing in a journal I would tear pages out because I had to rewrite the entry.

At this point the best idea would be for me to use the Q&A journal as a guide to write every day on here. That way I wouldn't need to write and rewrite. Plus, it documents that I've actually accomplished it and can cross it off of my bucket list at the end of the year.

My plan is to also add a picture that I've taken from that day. Accomplish two goals at once, write in a journal and take a picture every day for 365 days...

Dear Journal,
Q: What is your mission?
A: I spent a lot of time thinking about what my mission is. To be honest I don't really have a good answer. I looked up my companies mission statement and just got more confused..

The best way I can answer this is to say that I want to live the best life I can while being happy. To search for the things that bring me the most joy. To provide happiness to others through laughter and to make time to help those less fortunate.

Picture of the day 1/1:



Daily Review 1/1:
Calorie Goal- 1500 plus activity

Breakfast-
coffee, 2 tbsp sugar free peppermint mocha coffee creamer, 2 splenda (32 calories)
small banana (72 calories)
kellog's special k flatbread breakfast sandwich (200 calories)

Workout-
2.28 mile walk 39:01 (396 calories)

Snack-

Lunch-
baby carrots (35 calories)
hot pockets snackers-1 (55 calories)
safeway select- firecrackers- 3 (210 calories)
2 Tbsp classic hummus (70 calories)
celery- small- 12 (29 calories)
cheddar bites- 6 (220 calories)
triscuit cracker- 1 (20 calories)
port wine cheese ball- 1 Tbsp (50 calories)
1/2 piece marie callender's french apple pie (285 calories)

Snack-

Dinner-
mcdonald's grilled chicken ranch snack wrap- 2 (460 calories)

Dessert-
hershey kisses peppermint- 4 (98 calories)

Total burned- 396
Total eaten- 1836
Left over- 60

Glasses of water: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment