Thursday, May 10, 2012

#26 Visit the Grand Canyon. Check!

I had gone to the Grand Canyon once on a family vacation many years ago. I was really young and I got really sick, so I don't remember much about that trip other than feeling miserable.

Patrick and I decided we wanted to go on a weekend getaway for our one year anniversary back in 2010, we just couldn't decide on a place to go. We finally decided to each put 3 realistic locations on separate pieces of paper and then pick one and that's where we would go. We couldn't go way overboard, but we were considering Las Vegas, San Diego, Monterey and the Grand Canyon as options (I can't remember the other two).

Patrick did the honors of picking our location and ended up picking the Grand Canyon. The following are pictures from our trip. I really can't believe it's been 2 years already!



 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

We stayed in a really cute hotel that had been around since the town was built. It was really quiet (I think we might have been the only guests). Each room was different and since no one else was there when we got there, we were able to pick our room. I also liked that there wasn't a TV. It made the trip more special in a way because it forced us to focus on each other.

Onto our next adventure! We probably won't have another vacation without kids until our honeymoon. 5 months and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment